5 Concerns You May Not Know Are Oral Health Concerns
Tooth decay, missing teeth, or a broken dental crown- these are all common dental health concerns that patients typically think to call their dentist to fix. But what about headaches that occur every morning? Would you call your dentist to schedule an appointment to address wrinkles, fine lines, or sagging skin? Did you think to tell your dentist about your aching shoulders and sore upper back?
You may be surprised that many physical ailments could be linked to your oral health. Here are 5 common health concerns that you may not know your dentist at Henrich Dental can treat.
- Crows Feet & Frown Lines: Frown lines between the brow and wrinkles around the eyes and mouth can give you a permanently angry look. When you think about improving the appearance of your aging skin, you may not consider calling your dentist.
How Henrich Dental Can Help: Henrich Dental offers Xeomin and Botox® Cosmetic for the temporary treatment of frown lines and wrinkles. For the convenience of our patients, Dr. Henrich offers facial esthetic treatments during your six-month routine dental check-up.
- Facial Sagging: As we age, we tend to lose volume in the cheeks and face. Skin can become loose and begins to sag leaving you looking tired and appearing older than you may be. If you are searching for cosmetic treatments to boost volume in your face, consider your dentist Dr. Henrich.
How Henrich Dental Can Help: Henrich Dental offers facial esthetic treatments and facial fillers that can create a fuller, rejuvenated, more youthful appearance. Dr. Henrich’s knowledge of the musculoskeletal system, as well as his natural eye for aesthetics, help him create lasting results that look natural, not overdone or frozen.
- Chronic Headaches: Do you have a headache almost every morning? Headaches may be a symptom of an oral health concern known as bruxism. Many patients unknowingly grind their teeth while asleep. This repetitive motion of the top and bottom jaw grinding against each other can cause damage to the teeth, gums, and jaw. Overtime bruxism can lead to chronic jaw pain or injury known as TMJ.
How Henrich Dental Can Help: Dr. Henrich offers oral sleep appliance therapy for the prevention of teeth grinding. An oral sleep appliance is similar to a mouthguard and can prevent the jaws from grinding together, protecting the jaw and teeth from future damage.
- Back Pain: Are you wondering how pain and soreness in your upper back could be a dental health concern? Often patients who grind their teeth, or who have an injured or misaligned bite (known as TMJ), experience upper back pain as a secondary symptom of their condition. Facial muscles are closely linked to your neck, shoulders and upper back. Poor posture, bruxism, malocclusion of the bite, or an untreated injury to the jaw are all possible causes for upper body tenderness.
How Henrich Dental Can Help: There is no “one-size-fits-all” treatment for back pain caused by or exasperated by TMJ or bruxism. Dr. Henrich will help patients determine the exact cause of their discomfort through a thorough bite analysis and dental health exam. Depending on the cause of the pain, patients may choose to wear an oral sleep appliance to prevent bruxism or opt for a cosmetic treatment such as porcelain veneers to realign crooked teeth, restoring balance to the bite.
- Snoring: Does your partner snore loudly, keeping you awake at night? Snoring is a common sign of obstructive sleep apnea, a serious condition that should be addressed as soon as possible. If you or your partner snores or wakes up gasping for air repeatedly throughout the night- there is a good chance you have sleep apnea.
How Henrich Dental Can Help: Dr. Henrich will work with your medical doctors to address sleep apnea. Henrich Dental offers oral sleep appliance therapy. Snore guards align the jaw and prevent the airway from becoming blocked during sleep. Oral sleep appliance therapy typically has a higher compliance rate than traditional CPAP machines and provides patients with a more discreet treatment option for their OSA.
Request a Consultation
Dr. Henrich offers a comprehensive selection of dental procedures helping patients achieve their optimal oral health. Through compassionate, personalized consultations and oral health exams, Dr. Henrich works with patients to build tailored treatment plans. If you are looking for a cosmetic and restorative dentist in the Tulsa, OK area, contact Henrich Dental.