Do You Have Many Lost Teeth?
Missing teeth are a common occurrence in the world of dentistry. They happen for many reasons, including:
- A traumatic injury to the mouth or jaw, such as from a car accident.
- Tooth decay or gum disease that has led to an extraction.
- Tooth loss due to age and wear, which can cause teeth to shift and move into the empty space.
Dental implants are the best option for patients with multiple missing teeth. Dr. Frank Henrich is a skilled cosmetic and restorative dentist in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He offers dental implants for patients who have one or many lost teeth. For example, he can replace many individual teeth with single dental implants, or use a dental implant-supported bridge to replace consecutive missing teeth.
If you are missing an entire arch of teeth, Dr. Henrich also offers All-on-4 dental implants. This restoration consists of dentures that 4 implant posts secure to your jaw. All these options provide several benefits for patients with lost teeth. The benefits of getting multiple dental implants include:
- Structural Support: Add more structural support to your jaw. Traditional dentures do not support jawbone growth. In fact, they contribute to jawbone deterioration, causing issues like a sagging face, and gum irritation. Fortunately, dental implants reverse the effects by supporting your natural jawbone structure.
- Security: Stabilize your bite for easier chewing, and speaking. Dental implants are secured directly to your jawbone, so there is no fear of them falling out like traditional dentures. We can even create modern dentures that are comfortably attached to your jawbone using tooth implants. This creates a secure fit that does not irritate your gums.
- Less Maintenance: Since implants are secured permanently to your mouth, there is no need for denture creams, special toothpaste, or a need to soak them overnight.
Dental Implants For Multiple Missing Teeth
Replacing missing teeth with multiple dental implants can save your mouth, and make eating or speaking easier than ever! When a person is missing teeth, it can make it difficult to eat, talk, and smile. The missing teeth can also lead to bone loss which causes facial deformities such as a crooked smile. Furthermore. jaw bone deterioration allows the tongue to push upwards into the airway and cause sleep apnea. Missing teeth can also lead to periodontitis (gum disease) because food will have more places in which bacteria can hide.
So how do you prevent these issues due to missing teeth? Replace your missing teeth of course! The type of dental implants you receive will depend on the number and location of your missing teeth as well as your overall oral health. Dr. Henrich will conduct a comprehensive dental exam to determine which type of dental implant procedure is right for you. He will evaluate your oral and overall health, then make a recommendation. We will only give you options that best fit your needs, budget, and cosmetic goals.
A dental bridge is often used to replace several consecutively missing teeth. Traditionally a dental bridge is secured using prepared adjacent teeth, essentially damaging healthy teeth. Dental implants secured by a dental bridge provide more structural support for the jaw and bite and require less maintenance. Two or more implant posts will be surgically implanted in the jaw. These posts will permanently secure the dental bridge restoration.
Implant-secured Denture (All-On-4)
Dr. Henrich offers All-on-4 dental implants for patients who want more strength and security than that of traditional dentures. Patients with a sufficient amount of jawbone structure are able to receive as few as four strategically placed dental implants to secure a denture. Dentures are susceptible to slipping or falling out, causing embarrassment for patients. All-on-4 Denture Implants provide a more comfortable and lasting result when all of the top or bottom teeth are missing. All-on-4 dental implants allow patients to enjoy a diet without restriction and can help patients feel more confident in their smile.