Chances are, you know what cosmetic dentistry is. You’ve seen the advertisements for teeth whitening and the many movie stars showing off their veneers. Cosmetic dentistry is often recognized by its aesthetic results, not so much its mouth function benefits. By definition, cosmetic dentistry refers to any dental work that improves the appearance of your teeth, gums and bite. Treating teeth coloring, teeth alignment, shape and size are hallmark cosmetic dentistry options.
Common Cosmetic Dental Procedures
Cosmetic dentistry is used in a variety of dental procedures. Some procedures are quick, other take time. Some are invasive, while others are not. Common cosmetic dental procedures for crooked, broken, damaged or misaligned teeth include:
What Cosmetic Dentistry Can Achieve:
All the outcomes of cosmetic dentistry aim to enhance the appearance of your smile. Cosmetic dentistry has introduced alternative treatment options that can accomplish this goal. An example is the use of Invisalign instead of the unsightly braces. Below are specific results that can be accomplished using cosmetic dentistry to give you that perfect smile:
- Lengthen Teeth
- Whiten Teeth
- Fill in Gaps Between Teeth
- Make Your Smile Symmetrical
- Strengthen Sensitive Teeth
- Improve Support and Structure to Worn Teeth
How Cosmetic Dentistry Can Changes
The most noticeable benefit of cosmetic dentistry is the beautiful, white and straight smile you’ll have. Having a great smile has been shown to boost self-esteem and confidence. It is also more attractive, can enhance your social life and bring about professional opportunities. Besides being more bold and comfortable in your own skin, a gorgeous smile also helps your dental health.
- Teeth that are crooked, misaligned or discolored are often signs of potentially serious dental problems. Cosmetic dental work corrects many of these issues resulting in a healthier, pain-free mouth, teeth and gums.
- Having a healthy mouth that is free of pain and discomfort, will also allow you to smile more. Science implies that those who smile more tend to be happier and live longer. Therefore, cosmetic dental work can make your overall health and quality of life better.
- Cosmetic dental work is an investment. With that being said, the time and costs you put into having cosmetic dental work done can be enough to discourage you from continuing not-so-great habits such as smoking, an unhealthy diet and poor dental hygiene. The great results you’ve always wanted can be easily and quickly diminished.
Cosmetic dentistry is more than teeth whitening. It can greatly improve the quality of your life. Many of our patients have utilized our cosmetic dental services for a variety of procedures. Call us today to schedule a cosmetic consultation with Dr. Henrich. He is a participating member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) and values his training and education. He is highly skilled and participates in continuing education seminars and conferences regularly so that he can offer his patients the best treatment possible. Why continue to live with pain or discomfort or with a less than ideal smile? Let us help you get the great smile you’ve always wanted.