Are you having a difficult time deciding which tooth replacement option is right for you?
Patients who are missing teeth may feel uncomfortable showing their teeth, which can result in a lack of confidence. Missing teeth can even lead to complex dental health complications and difficulties eating and speaking normally. However, there is a range of tooth replacement options to help restore your smile and bring back your confidence. Tulsa dentist Dr. Frank Henrich suggests patients find a restoration option as soon as possible to avoid further deterioration of the gums and any remaining teeth.
Finding the right tooth replacement option for your missing teeth can depend on factors like your lifestyle, budget, and long term oral health goals. An experienced restorative dentist, Dr. Henrich can work with you to determine which option will best suit your needs and cosmetic goals. As a member of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID), Dr. Henrich is specially trained to restore your smile through the use of dental implants. Dr. Henrich uses his eye for the aesthetic and advanced knowledge of dental implants to transform your smile with the most natural results and function.
During your consultation, Dr. Henrich will examine your teeth and go over your medical history to determine which replacement option will match your goals and yield the best results for the longevity of your smile. Most dentists recommend the use of dental implants over any other tooth replacement option. Dental implants are one of the most durable, natural looking tooth replacement options that can support many aspects of both oral and overall health and well being.
Dental Implants vs. Dentures: What to Consider
• Comfort: Over time, dental implants fuse into the jawbone. Once fused, your permanent restoration can be attached. After your custom restoration is attached, you will have a fixed, durable tooth replacement solution. You can chew and speak comfortably with dental implants and implant supported dentures. If you are not able to receive dental implants, dentures can also be an excellent option for replacing missing teeth. Dentures may need daily adhesives and cream to help keep them in place and maintain gum health. Some patients may experience slippage with dentures; our team will work with you to ensure that your tooth replacement option provides the best possible outcome.
• Cost: For those seeking a permanent, fixed solution to their missing teeth, dental implants may be able to provide the solution they desire. Although dental implants are more costly than other replacement options, they are known to last longer and provide a more stable solution than other replacement options. Dentures and bridges may be less costly up front, but they will need more maintenance than dental implants in the long run.
• Appearance: When you lose teeth, the jawbone begins to shrink, causing a change in your facial appearance. Dental implants help prevent further bone loss in the jaw while providing a stable, sustainable solution for your missing teeth. Dental implants function and look like your natural teeth.
• Convenience: Dental implants can permanently fix your replacement option to your jawbone. With dental implants, you won’t have to deal with day-to-day maintenance that dentures may need. Traditional dentures often require adhesives to keep them in place throughout the day.
Implant Secured Dentures and Bridges
Dental implants can be the foundation for a range of restoration options. After a skilled dental surgeon installs your dental implants, Dr. Henrich can attach dental crowns, dental bridges, or dentures to help restore your smile. Dr. Henrich will determine which restoration solution will work best for you. Implant secured dental bridge and dentures can contribute to reducing bone loss in the jaw, speak and chew comfortably, and does not require the use of a daily adhesive application.
Learn More About Dental Implants
- Dental Implants Overview
- Benefits of Dental Implants
- Dental Implants Process
- All-on-4 Dental Implants
- Dental Implants FAQ
- Types of Dental Implants
- Cost of Dental Implants
- Multiple Dental Implants
Why Choose Us?
Whether you have lost teeth due to trauma or poor oral hygiene, Dr. Henrich can find a tooth replacement option that is right for you. Dr. Henrich is an experienced, trusted dentist in Tulsa, OK. Our team is dedicated to providing comprehensive, patient focused dental care to help our patients enjoy the benefits of good oral health.